Welcome to Hampstead & Highgate Conservative Association: the Conservative Party in our community. Our aim is to improve our local area through public service and promote the Conservative Party's values, policies, and candidates within Hampstead & Kiburn.
We're one of the most active Conservative associations in the country, with a wide-ranging programme of political and social events: designed to suit everyone. As well as regular campaigning, our activities include:
- Prior to the Covid outbreak we held many fun and stimulating events to allow members access to top Ministers and other prominent politicians. Through Covid we have held on line Zoom events with Heath Secretary, Matt Hancock, Minister for the Cabinet Office, Michael Gove, Boris Johnson PPS, Alex Burgart, Government Whip, Rebecca Harris and Foreign Office Minister James Cleverly. We are delighted to have restarted events, guest speaker and drinks receptions
- Political Discussion Groups where members meet (which were online during covid restrictions are now increasingly in person) to discuss important topics. These are set by CCHQ to allow the party a wide discussion on issues facing the nation.
- Social action, involving volunteering for good causes in the local community, to give something back and have fun while we’re doing it. Over the last few years we have held various charity events including several Macmillian Bake sales, a team in the London Santa dash and an online appeal in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital and festive toy appeals for The Children's ward at the Royal Free Hospital.
- Taking part in local festivals, like The West Hampstead Jester Festival, South End Green Festival and the West Hampstead Christmas Market.
- We have recently re-launched the Conservatives Policy Forum to discuss key policy areas. We started with an overview and analysis of the recent Sep’22 mini-budget. This was very well attended and we look forward to future strategic policy topics.
If any of that sounds like something you’d like to get involved in, join us here for £25 a year.
The responsibility for delivering this programme falls on the association officers, who are supported by our professional staff, agent and office manager David Douglas as well as a huge team of selfless activists.
We are always actively looking for potential candidates who would value the chance to represent their community on Camden or Brent Council. If you are interested please contact David in the office. The last local elections were held in May 2022.
We are based at our large Campaign HQ at 1A Heath Hurst Road, Hampstead, NW3 2RU (opposite Hampstead Heath Overground station). The Campaign HQ is usually open from 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday. If you are in the area, please come and visit. For full contact details, see here.
Why not keep up to date by following us on:
and now instagram! @CamdenConservatives here.