Camden Council has announced plans to significantly increase parking charges and also to prevent more than one vehicle being registered per resident’s parking permit.
The proposals include:
- Massive increases in all parking charges.
- New surcharge on all types of permits for petrol cars registered before September 2015.
- Huge increases in surcharge for diesel cars registered before September 2019.
- New maximum time limit of 2 hours for all pay and display parking.
- New limit of one car per residential permit.
- Visitor and pay and display parking to be charged according to emissions.
- Complete abolition of scratch cards.
We are strongly opposed to these plans. Camden already has amongst the most expensive charges of any council and, for many residents in our area, a car is essential.
The cost will increase by 93% even for electric cars: proving this has nothing to do with the environment and is just a tax grab.
The consultation into the proposed changes is open until 5th November 2023. The consultation can be accessed here.
The consultation is branded with Camden Labour doublespeak and shockingly does not actually allow you to say whether you support or oppose the new charges.
We have created a petition to allow you to tell Camden Labour what you actually think of the proposals. If, like us, you oppose these changes, please sign our petition here.